[gmx-users] cuda problem

Albert mailmd2011 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:54:57 CEST 2013

Dear:

  I've installed a gromacs-4.6.3 in a GPU cluster, and I obtained the
following information for testing:

NOTE: Using a GPU with ECC enabled and CUDA driver API version <5.0,
known to
       cause performance loss. Switching to the alternative polling GPU
wait.
       If you encounter issues, switch back to standard GPU waiting by
setting
       the GMX_CUDA_STREAMSYNC environment variable.

The cuda version in the GPU cluster is 4.2 and the GPU is: Tesla C1060

I notice that the performanc is really slow. I am just wondering how can
we solve this problem? which directory should I set up for
GMX_CUDA_STREAMSYNC?

THX

Albert