[gmx-users] Calculating shear viscosity using none-equilibrium MD: Viscosity dependent on acceleration magnitude

Florian Dommert dommert at icp.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jul 9 10:00:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

 I am not an expert in non-EQ MD, but a simulation time of 1ns for a
collective property in a honey-like substance like an IL sounds very short.
However, from my colleagues in the group of Prof. Müller-Plathe, who applied
non-EQ MD to derive viscosities, I heard that this method is quite reliable.
Take a look at their papers. As far as I can remember, the first authors of
the papers were Whei Zhao or Simon Butler.

/Flo