[gmx-users] Comparing the simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jul 20 13:19:21 CEST 2013

On 7/20/13 5:27 AM, rama david wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>                       I did the Simulation study for self
> assembly of peptides . ( I used G96 53a6 FF )
>
> In First Experiment, I put the two XX peptide far from each other 2.0 nm,
>   and run the simulation.
> In the second experiment I put the two YY peptide seperated by 2.0 nm.
> and run the simulation.
>    In nvt I used the sane parameter, but In NPT, MD simulation I run
> the Parrinello-Rahman barostat with tau_P 2.0 ns for XX peptide and tau_P 1
> for
> YY peptide.
>    I found that peptide YY interaction start at 80ns and XX interaction
> start at 10 ns.
>

>     I have following Question.
>   1>.        Is it possible to compare  two MD simulation which used the
> same barostat   but having the different tau_P ( Relaxation time).

You'll have to examine pressure distributions very carefully, but I am
inherently suspicious of trying to salvage results that were based on a mistake.

> 2>.         Could I make the interpretation that  XX peptide start interact
> more early   than YY ??

Based on one simulation of each?  No.

> 3>>. Would we compare  the result between the simulation that uses the
> different barostat ant thermostat but still using the same Force field.

If you are altering both thermostat and barostat, I would be extremely skeptical
of the results.  Apply consistent methods.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601