[gmx-users] problems with GROMACS 4.6.2

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Tue Jun 4 20:48:24 CEST 2013

Just a few minor details:

- You can set the affinities yourself through the job scheduler which
should give nearly identical results compared to the mdrun internal
affinity if you simply assign cores to mdrun threads in a sequential
order (or with an #physical cores stride if you want to use
HyperThreading);

- At low parallelization and without OpenMP (i.e. -ntomp 1) you may
not notice much regression even though threads won't be pinned.

--
Szilárd