[gmx-users] Getting .edr file data as a generic data file

Neha nshafique at wesleyan.edu
Thu Jun 6 17:14:12 CEST 2013

Hi again!

At the moment, the only way I know how to access .edr files is through the
use of g_energy. However g_energy only outputs .xvg files which is fine for
routine analysis. However if I want to get into further processing, it would
be helpful if I could get the information stored in the .edr files in a more
pliable format.
Please let me know if you know how to do this! I am a completely new user to
Gromacs and appreciate all the help possible.

-Neha