[gmx-users] A charge group moved too far between two domain decomposition steps

Dr. Vitaly Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 15:27:00 CEST 2013

This problem indeed happens from time to time. With versions 4.5+ it is
more frequent than with versions up to 4.0.7. It is not always connected to
blowing up in the sense of bad contacts, positive potential energy, etc.
The more cores you use per job, the more likely this error to appear. The
larger *spatially) system you simulate, the more likely it to appear.

The simple advice is to reduce the time-step, but it is not to be
understood as a universal treatment.

Of course, you can reinitialize your charge groups, as this is better
connected with the below error message.

Dr. Vitaly Chaban