[gmx-users] Re: Membrane Equilibration

Neha nshafique at wesleyan.edu
Tue Jun 11 19:25:01 CEST 2013

Hi everybody,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.
I thought ref_p would need to be 0.0 and 0.0 if I wanted zero surface
tension. How else could I get a tensionless membrane?

As for the generating velocities, I completely forgot that would ruin the
equilibrium. Would you recommend saying gen_vel = no or simply raising the
gen_temp closer to the required value? If the second how close do you think
I should keep it? Sorry for bombarding you guys with so many questions!

Also no one has commented on this so I'm guessing using the structure file
from the Berendsen run is an okay way to do what I want?

Again thanks for the help!

Justin Lemkul wrote