[gmx-users] CUDA with QUADRO GPUs?

Ramon Crehuet rcsqtc at iqac.csic.es
Mon Jun 17 18:38:55 CEST 2013

Dear all,
I am considering buying a workstation with a Quadro K2000 or K4000 GPU.
According to this NVIDIA site these GPU have more "compute capability" than most
of the Tesla cards (except for the K20):
https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus
In particular, much more "compute capability" than the cards used for the
Gromacs benchmark:
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/gromacs_on_tesla.html
Does that mean that I can perform efficient gromacs calculations on these K2000
or K4000 cards? Does anybody have experience with them?
Thanks!
Ramon

PS. The reason why I want to buy a Quadro card is that these workstations will
be used for visualization, but only during the summer period, where we have more
students. If they could be used for running MD during the year, I would consider
buying these high end cards, otherwise I'll probably but a cheaper card.