[gmx-users] Re: 1-4 interactions free energy calculations

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 03:04:20 CEST 2013

Hi, Sonia-

Gromacs 4.6.2 (some bug fixes vs 4.6.1) with the example files you
point out from Alchemistry.org should work well for expanded ensemble.
 David Mobley and I have been validating expanded ensemble and replica
exchange, and the files posted there now are stable for all sizes of
systems, and give reasonable results.  expanded ensemble with NPT is
somewhat unstable for smaller systems (1000 total molecules), though
is much more stable for larger systems -- the posted parameter should
work.

However, note that you have to be careful with expanded ensemble, as
the weights can sometime converge to a poor value.

I'm working on some more guidance on expanded ensemble besides the
examples on Alchemistry.org, but it may take a few weeks.  Check back
in a few weeks for some more information on Alchemistry.org.