[gmx-users] setting the gromacs 4.6.1 path

라지브간디 rajiv at kaist.ac.kr
Wed Mar 13 08:33:48 CET 2013

Dear Mark,

My terminal version is Linux masters 3.3.4-5.fc17.x86_64 as I believe its not that much old version.

I also tried to use the source command like (source /usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC.bash) but still i getting the same problem.

 dear gmx.

> i am having a problem of setting the path as mentioned in gromacs manual
> 4.6.1 version.
>

> I used
>

> source /usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC
>

> bash: goto: command not found..

What is your terminal? What is its version? You might need to update that
if it's truly ancient. Otherwise, your bash shell is probably erroneously
setting the variable "shell", which it should not do. This foils the
GROMACS detection of which shell you are running. If you can't fix that,
you should source whichever of GMXRC.csh, GMXRC.bash or GMXRC.ksh is
applicable.

when i use

> echo "source /usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC" >> ~/.bash_profile
>

> it work on that terminal only. cant access the gromacs from other
> terminal. Could you tell me what is the problem of ? Thanks

Source only ever works on the shell in which it is run. Setting up your
profile to source automatically solves the problem for each new shell, and
not any existing ones.