[gmx-users] Comparing Charmm 27 energies from GROMACS and NAMD

Reza resal81 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 17:33:19 CEST 2013

Thanks Mark!

> No, they weren't. See
> http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Single-Point_Energy
> You cannot hope to reproduce accurately the energy of a configuration if
> you let the coordinates be manipulated.

The "rerun" option is interesting - in my case however the potential energy terms stayed identical but the kinetic term became zero.

> Something you think is equivalent is not :-) Move to testing a system with
> two lipids. Inspect all the logfile outputs very carefully for clues.

I totally agree :) So far I found out that for "no cut-off" simulation in Gromacs, rather that specifying a large cut-off, it needs rlist=rvdw=rcoulomb=0 and pbc=no along with ns_type=simple and nstlist=0 (according to the manual). I am running various tests and will update if I find out what is causing the discrepancy.

Reza