[gmx-users] Periodic Boundary Condition in evaporation of droplets

Richard Broadbent richard.broadbent09 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue May 7 18:24:41 CEST 2013

If you don't want to simulate your droplet in a perfect vacuum then in
most MD codes you have to use either PBC or walls. There are advantages
and disadvantages to both. I'm not an expert but in my opinion PBC make
more physical sense than walls provided the box is sensibly chosen,
*however*, I am not an expert. I suggest that you consult the literature
for a discussion of the merits of various boundary conditions for MD
simulations of droplets.

There will be many papers discussing it and I'd be shocked if there
aren't several review articles as well.

Richard