[gmx-users] Periodic Boundary Condition in evaporation of droplets

Rasoul Nasiri nasiri1355 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 18:48:46 CEST 2013

Dear Richard,

Thanks for your reply and comments. To be honest, I have read the couple of
papers about the evaporation of droplets using PBC. There are controversial
discussions on this question how to evaluate size of box so that PBC issue
can be eliminated. While some author believe that size of box should be at
least 10 times larger than diameter of drop, others think that this size is
not important when system reached to quasi-equilibrium stage.

Could you please let me know your idea about the sensible size of the box
when PBC is applied?

I would be appreciated if you could introduce me a recent review about it?

Best wishes
Rasoul