[gmx-users] the details about g_density

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu May 23 15:37:18 CEST 2013

On 5/23/13 9:32 AM, vigaryang wrote:
> Thanks very much for your reply.Fortunately,I have used g_density in NVT systems.  Does the expression " it is built from the coordinate origin outward" mean that the mass density profile is calculated based on the average of the coordination and weight of each atom of the molecule?

You asked if density profiles were built from the center of mass, which they are
not.  Masses/charges are binned across the desired box vector like histograms,
with the number of slices (and thus implicitly the bin width determined by the
-sl option), and bins are constructed from the zero point of the axis upward.

-Justin

> With best wishes,
>
> Qiwei Yang

Research Scientist