[gmx-users] how to calculate kinetic constant?

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Sat Oct 5 23:03:57 CEST 2013

Dear Rajat:

I just checked the first two papers that you mentioned and they both get kinetics from standard equilibrium simulations. As for the Arrhenius law, with k, A, and the energy of activation (Ea) all unknown for each T, how do you obtain a unique solution for k given T ? Even if you assume that Ea is some function of the maximum of your PMF (which is not always true), I presume that you can only then get the relationship between k and A, not the absolute value of k, even with information from many temperatures. However, I've never worked on this directly. Can you provide a reference so that I can take a look?

Thank you,
Chris.