[gmx-users] Calculating the distance between protein and ligand during ligand diffusion out of the box

Trayder Thomas trayder.thomas at monash.edu
Tue Oct 8 03:07:53 CEST 2013

With a ligand diffusing as freely as I'm assuming (you've omitted a lot of
info, box size etc.) you aren't going to get PBC to play nice, although
-nojump should have atleast given you a different wrong answer.

Centering the system on the same point you are using to define the binding
pocket (may require custom index groups) should get you something more
reasonable looking.

Also, it depends on the size of your protein and what you're doing but you
should consider if it's even relevant whether the ligand is 2nm away or 5?

-Trayder

>>> Mailing_Lists/Search<http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search>>before