[gmx-users] Question about installing DSSP on Ubuntu 12.10

Mass masstransfer_2010 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 13:28:27 CEST 2013

 I am trying to install "DSSP" in Ubuntu 12.10, I just download it from Ubuntu software centre but when I run it I am getting the following error, any solution? I have checked all the mail list archive and could not solve my problem
Fatal error:
Failed to execute command: /usr/local/bin/dssp -na ddZGP3ET ddjex0J9 > /dev/null 2> /dev/null

I google it and found this on ubuntu forum but I followed it and still I am getting error
up vote
0
down vote
accept DSSP is not in official ubuntu repositories, but you can install it manually:
sudo wget ftp://ftp.cmbi.ru.nl/pub/software/dssp/dssp-2.0.4-linux-amd64 -O /usr/local/bin/dssp
or
sudo wget ftp://ftp.cmbi.ru.nl/pub/software/dssp/dssp-2.0.4-linux-i386 -O /usr/local/bin/dssp
And for the end:
sudo chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/dssp

  I have done this but still I am getting Fatal error: DSSP executable (/opt/dssp/bin/dssp) does not exist (use setenv DSSP) –
 Also appreciate if any one can give simple and step-by step instruction to insall dssp-2.2.1 from website. I mean after downloading dssp-2.2.1.tgz and extracting it what should I do? –

Thanks
Mehil Massteird