[gmx-users] Problem with reading AMBER trajectories

anu chandra anu80125 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 08:51:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I have tried all the possibilities with filename
extension as mentioned in the VMD molfile details. As said, VMD uses .crd
or .crdbox filename extensions for reading Amber trajectories. I have tried
with both the options ( ie. with .crd and .crdbox extensions) , but
unfortunately both the attempt got failed with same error as shown below

Note: the fit and analysis group are identical,
      while the fit is mass weighted and the analysis is not.
      Making the fit non mass weighted.

WARNING: If there are molecules in the input trajectory file
         that are broken across periodic boundaries, they
         cannot be made whole (or treated as whole) without
         you providing a run input file.

Calculating the average structure ...
The file format of eqc.crdbox is not a known trajectory format to GROMACS.
Please make sure that the file is a trajectory!
GROMACS will now assume it to be a trajectory and will try to open it using
the VMD plug-ins.
This will only work in case the VMD plugins are found and it is a
trajectory format supported by VMD.

Using VMD plugin: crdbox (AMBER Coordinates with Periodic Box)

Format of file eqc.crdbox does not record number of atoms.

Program g_covar, VERSION 4.6.1
Source code file: /usr/local/gromacs-4.6.1/src/gmxlib/trxio.c, line: 1035

Fatal error:
Not supported in read_first_frame: md1.crdbox

"Hang On to Your Ego" (F. Black)

Can anyone please help me to figure out what is going wrong here?

Many thanks
Anu