[gmx-users] Problem with http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Tutorials page

Ray Sheppard rsheppar at iu.edu
Thu Sep 19 16:38:35 CEST 2013

Hello,
   On the page sited above,  it says:

      General GROMACS Use

  * A step-by-step demo and several simple examples are available in the
    share/tutor subdirectory of your GROMACS installation.

However, In the tarfile for version 4.6.3, the directories under "share"
are:

rsheppar at login1:/N/dc/projects/ray/br2/testdir/gromacs-4.6.3/share> ls -l
total 36
-rw-r-----  1 rsheppar hpc  1922 Jul  5 09:52 CMakeLists.txt
-rw-r-----  1 rsheppar hpc    79 Jul  5 09:52 README.tutor
-rw-r-----  1 rsheppar hpc 13084 Jul  5 09:52
README_FreeEnergyModifications.txt
drwxr-x---  4 rsheppar hpc  4096 Jul  5 10:06 html
drwxr-x---  3 rsheppar hpc  4096 Jul  5 10:06 template
drwxr-x--- 21 rsheppar hpc  4096 Jul  5 10:06 top

Opening README.tutor only points back to the WWW page I started with.  I
only want a simple, idiot test to verify the operation of mdrun in
parallel.  Have the included tutorials been dropped or moved?  Could
someone please edit the web page to fit the current structure?  Thank you.
                                                 Ray

--
                          Respectfully,
                            Ray Sheppard
                            RSheppar at iu.edu
                            http://rt.uits.iu.edu/systems/SciAPT
                            317-274-0016

                    Principal Analyst
                    Senior Technical Lead
                    Scientific Applications and Performance Tuning
                    Research Technologies
                    University Information Technological Services
                    IUPUI campus
                    Indiana University

    My "pithy" saying:  Science is the art of translating the world
        into language. Unfortunately, that language is mathematics.
    Bumper sticker wisdom: Make it idiot-proof and they will make a
        better idiot.