[gmx-users] Problem with http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Tutorials page

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Sep 19 16:41:57 CEST 2013

On 9/19/13 10:38 AM, Ray Sheppard wrote:
> Hello,
>    On the page sited above,  it says:
>

>       General GROMACS Use
>
>   * A step-by-step demo and several simple examples are available in the
>     share/tutor subdirectory of your GROMACS installation.
>
> However, In the tarfile for version 4.6.3, the directories under "share" are:
>
> rsheppar at login1:/N/dc/projects/ray/br2/testdir/gromacs-4.6.3/share> ls -l
> total 36
> -rw-r-----  1 rsheppar hpc  1922 Jul  5 09:52 CMakeLists.txt
> -rw-r-----  1 rsheppar hpc    79 Jul  5 09:52 README.tutor
> -rw-r-----  1 rsheppar hpc 13084 Jul  5 09:52 README_FreeEnergyModifications.txt
> drwxr-x---  4 rsheppar hpc  4096 Jul  5 10:06 html
> drwxr-x---  3 rsheppar hpc  4096 Jul  5 10:06 template
> drwxr-x--- 21 rsheppar hpc  4096 Jul  5 10:06 top
>
> Opening README.tutor only points back to the WWW page I started with.  I only
> want a simple, idiot test to verify the operation of mdrun in parallel.  Have
> the included tutorials been dropped or moved?  Could someone please edit the web
> page to fit the current structure?  Thank you.

The "built-in" tutorial was removed because it was wildly outdated and not
particularly useful (and also not completely fool-proof).  I will remove this
reference from the web page.

For a straightforward test, it should be very easy to build a simple box of
water of arbitrary size to do a few runs.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601