[gmx-users] OPLS/AA + TIP5P, anybody?

gigo gigo at ibb.waw.pl
Sat Sep 28 04:07:49 CEST 2013

Dear Chris,
Thank you for your reply. I defined a new virtual atomtype (type D) with
LJ sigma 1.72A ( 2*0.7+1.72=3.12, which is sigma of the oxygen) and
played a bit with epsilon till the new LJ repulsion was able to prevent
the build up of a huge force on the oxygen while interacting with
dimensionless charged hydrogens. Also, I copied the flexibility
parameters from tip4p to see if it helps in minimization before I turn
it into rigid water - it seems that it does. I was able to minimize the
system with such water. Also, I minimized the system with tip4p and
replaced it with tip5p with a script. I tried to minimize the system
afterwards with true tip5p, which did not work. My question is, besides
the correctness of water model, why do you think it is safe to remove
the LJ on lone electron pairs in MD? Will it not collapse like in energy
minimization?
Best Regards,
Grzegorz