[gmx-users] OPLS/AA + TIP5P, anybody?

gigo gigo at ibb.waw.pl
Sun Sep 29 17:13:44 CEST 2013

Dear Chris,
Authors answered me very quickly. They did not have such a problem, but
I still don't know the details of their input. They used gromacs-3.3, so
I decided to give the old one a try. I did some tests with 3.3.4.
Although the same problem occurred during steep minimization, some
interesting things popped out. When I tried to grompp the system with
plain tip5p for cg minimization, it failed:
"ERROR: can not do Conjugate Gradients with constraints (8484)", even
though I did not set any constraints. The error is the same for tip4p
unless you use flexible model, which tip5p does not have - the water had
to be constrained then. I guess that treatment of virtual sites in
gromacs-3.3 has something to do with this. I noticed, that constraints
make simulations with tip5p more stable. It should not happen, that the
LP virtual atoms are pulled further then the defined 0.7 from the
oxygen, right? I will keep you updated.
Best Regards,
Grzegorz