[gmx-users] MD simulations on a remote workstation

Aldo Segura asegurac666 at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Apr 2 20:19:28 CEST 2014

Hi Farooq,

Are the machines working in parallel? I mean,  is the simulation running on both machines? or Are you using your PC just to send and monitoring the simulation on the workstation? In the former case, you'll see an improvement in the communication between both machines and speed of simulations (I don't know how much, sorry).  For last case, you'll notice the difference when you're transfering files between your PC and the workstation.

Best,

Aldo

Aldo Segura-Cabrera
Postdoctoral Fellow
Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology
Cancer and Blood Diseases Institute
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
3333 Burnet Ave, MLC 7013, Cincinnati OH 45229