[gmx-users] g_chi-like analysis for nucleic acid residues

sbowerma sbowerma at hawk.iit.edu
Mon Apr 14 23:10:17 CEST 2014

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your response.  I did see the g_angle tool, but doesn't it have a
similar limitation as AMBER's ptraj?  From what I can see, I would still
need to script out an index file for every single dihedral atom set of
interest (which is all of them and I have over 1k residues).  While this is
of course do-able, I was looking for more of an "intelligent" tool, like
g_chi, that already knows dihedral definitions after you pass it a pdb full
of residue names (or something equivalent).  As I mentioned, I will be doing
this analysis for several different systems, so I am just trying to figure
out what tools are worth my time developing and what tools are already being
used.  Thanks again!

Sam