[gmx-users] g_chi-like analysis for nucleic acid residues

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Apr 14 23:19:03 CEST 2014

On 4/14/14, 5:09 PM, sbowerma wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for your response.  I did see the g_angle tool, but doesn't it have a
> similar limitation as AMBER's ptraj?  From what I can see, I would still
> need to script out an index file for every single dihedral atom set of
> interest (which is all of them and I have over 1k residues).  While this is
> of course do-able, I was looking for more of an "intelligent" tool, like
> g_chi, that already knows dihedral definitions after you pass it a pdb full
> of residue names (or something equivalent).  As I mentioned, I will be doing
> this analysis for several different systems, so I am just trying to figure
> out what tools are worth my time developing and what tools are already being
> used.  Thanks again!

You can do all the analysis at once if you design suitable index groups with
mk_angndx or make_ndx.  Dump out all the time series simultaneously with g_angle
-all, then post-process to your heart's content.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore