[gmx-users] Fwd: Concatenating two trajectories

sunita gupta sunita.bio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 07:39:21 CEST 2014

Hello Everyone,

I have two trajectories of 40 ns each, the first one is from 0 to 40 ns and
next one is extended to next 40 ns taking .cpt file of the first
 I concatenating the two using two commands:
1. trjcat -f 1st.xtc 2nd.xtc -o combine1.xtc -cat
2. trjcat -f 1st.xtc 2nd.xtc -o combine2.xtc -settime (selecting 0.000 ps
for 1st and 40000 ps for 2nd)

But when I plotted the rmsd using combine1.xtc and combine2.xtc I am
getting very strange plots

Unfortunately I am not able to post the plots as its saying msg is too big
to be posted and bouncing back...
Can anyone suggest me whats wrong with this method.

Best Regards
--
SUNITA GUPTA
Senior Research Fellow