[gmx-users] Position Restraints with NVT and NPT

zanemarkson zheng.ma at duke.edu
Mon Apr 21 08:41:51 CEST 2014

Thank you Justin!

I understand usually for regular equilibration, restraints should be enough.
But I am still wondering to what extent position restraint can restrain my
atoms. In fact, I ran a relatively longer NVT using position restraints and
I saw that both the absolute coordinates of my "restrained" atoms and the
distances between my "restrained" atoms changed by ~0.01nm and I think that
is not negligible any more. I don't know whether this is normal or a problem
that I should somehow fix. Any thoughts? Thank you!