[gmx-users] make install creating infinite recursive directories: addendum

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:40:20 CEST 2014

Hi,

That makes no sense. I can't reproduce your symptoms at all (with git
version or tarball). The build system does append "/" and then
"share/gromacs" to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX before using it for the files in
the top directory, but there's no conceivable way the build system could
spam successive "gromacs" subdirectories, because the addition is of
"share/gromacs." In your case, a variable whose value is
/share/apps/gromacs-4.6.5//share/gromacs gets made. Perhaps you could try
without the terminating slash in CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX? I can't see why it
should work, but if it does, then we should fix the build system to be more
sensitive to that.

Mark