[gmx-users] make install creating infinite recursive directories: addendum

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 12:32:42 CEST 2014

OK. The GROMACS developers intended the user to follow normal practice,
such as doing the build in user space in the file system, and then
installing as root, and installing to somewhere other than the source
tarball location. Unpacking a source tarball in /opt and building from
there (as root or not) is asking for various kinds of trouble. That
(apparently) CMake gets confused by the source and install directory being
the same comes under the heading of "not our problem" ;-)

I will try to remember to add "don't install to your tarball location" to
the install guide when next I update it.

Cheers,

Mark