[gmx-users] guanidinium in water

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Apr 27 17:40:04 CEST 2014

Please don't hijack an unrelated thread with a new question.  I am re-titling
this message; in the future, just send a new email when you have a new question.

On 4/27/14, 11:11 AM, Swetha Srinivasan wrote:
> Hi Lemkul,
>
> I am trying to simulate guanidium in water. My system contains 198 guanidium residues. But when I'm trying to use the grompp command ,I'm facing the problem of fudgeQQ, qi ,qj. I don't know what that means. I don't know how to rectify the error too. Plus if there are too many solvet molecules, how do I delete it ?

FudgeQQ is explained in the manual.  Beyond that, you need to provide more
details.  What is in your topology?  Did you create it yourself, or did you get
it from some other source?  What is the *exact* error message from grompp
(copied and pasted from the terminal)?

As for solvent removal, you'll have to tell us how you added solvent in the
first place.  Presumably this was done with genbox, in which case you can use
-maxsol, but that's often not a good idea because it will leave voids in the
simulation box.  If the box is too large, you'll have to set up an appropriate
one with editconf (or possibly genbox, but I'm still guessing here because you
haven't provided any of your commands).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601