[gmx-users] How to modify the rtp file for graphene?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Aug 1 05:32:32 CEST 2014

On 7/31/14, 10:26 PM, Andy Chao wrote:
> Dear GROMACS Users:
>
> I would like to simulate the graphene-electrode based electric double layer
> capacitor device.  I need to convert the .gro file to .top file by using
> the g_x2top command.  The command that I used is the following:
>
> g_x2top -f device1.gro -ff oplsaa -o device1.top
>

> My question is, how to modify the .rtp file for graphene carbon atom on the
> electrode?

You don't.  Only pdb2gmx uses .rtp files and they are generally for linear
polymers (with limited exceptions handled by specbond.dat).  g_x2top uses .n2t
files, and given the uniform nature of graphene bonding, creating a suitable
.n2t file is trivial; see documentation in the manual and online.

-Justin

> In other words,
>
> [ c4]
> [ atoms ]