[gmx-users] Error with tabulated potential and tip4p water model

Udaya Dahal dahal.udaya at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 17:19:00 CEST 2014

Thank you mark for the reply. But here i have only one polymer which i used
optimized structure polymer and used genbox to generate box of solvent
which obviously puts the water at different lattice points. It was never a
problem to simulate when I was using the LJ potential. So, my concern here
is about how the gromacs reads the table internally.

So far, in the table, what I did is; I made all f,f',h,h' columns zero and
calculated the total (sum of electrostatics+LJ/Buckingham+user defined
potential) potential and put in the column g and the negative derivative of
g in g' column thereby putting all the coefficients as 1 in the .itp file.
When I try to use that table it gives me the warning that the
derivative(-force) deviates from the potential by 164%(one example). While
reading the Manual, I found that it uses the Cubic splines Algorithm to
regenerate the table internally. I am not sure if that algorithm was not
compatible with the way i created the table(for potential) or it is
something else. Looks like I am lost somewhere in between here because EM
was never a great problem until I used the tabulated potential.

Udaya