[gmx-users] how to write in a script?

João Henriques joao.henriques.32353 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 17:48:46 CEST 2014

Well, my example was just how to insert a line into a file. I thought this
was where you were having trouble.

If you really want to insert it into a specific line, there are two main
ways of doing it:
1) Either you know the exact line number and you use an awk command, for
example.
2) Or you search for the unique string delimiters and insert it in between.

Any of these can be accomplished with any imaginable scripting/programing
language. You can even use a combination of "head" and "tail" and print
your new line in between, in case you have a specific line number:

`head -n xx file > newfile; echo "blablabla" >> newfile; tail -n yy file >>
newfile`

To be honest this is more of a "stack overflow" type of issue than a
gromacs list problem. Either way, if the last user's solution doesn't work
for you, I can try to give you specific code to solve your problem.

Best regards,
/J