[gmx-users] Lysozyme-Water Tutorial problem : em.tpr

Agnivo Gosai agnivo2007 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 23:00:29 CEST 2014

Dear Users

I have been following the Lysozyme in Water tutorial by Dr. Lemkul step by
step (GROMACS Version 4.6.5) and I must confess that I am a beginner.

I am now stuck in Step 5 : Energy Minimization.
I had performed the step :-

*grompp -f minim.mdp -c 1AKI_solv_ions.gro -p topol.top -o em.tpr
*

Next when I proceeded with : -

*mdrun -v -deffnm em*

I got the following message in my terminal :-

*Program mdrun, VERSION 4.6.5Source code file:
/build/buildd/gromacs-4.6.5/src/gmxlib/gmxfio.c, line: 524Can not open
file:-em.tprFor more information and tips for troubleshooting, please
check the GROMACSwebsite at
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors
<http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors>*

I am not sure as to how to carry on to the next level. Any insight is
very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Agnivo Gosai
Graduate Student