[gmx-users] nvt error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Aug 10 16:11:51 CEST 2014

On 8/10/14, 5:38 AM, Prajisha Sujaya wrote:
> *im running protein-ligand complex using GROMOS96 43a1 force field*
>
> *while performing nvt step im getting this error, i have used
> protein-ligand tutorial nvt file to run the complex*
>
> Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'title'
>
> Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.5#
>
> WARNING 1 [file nvt.mdp, line 44]:
>    Unknown left-hand 'cutoff-scheme' in parameter file

This warning implies that your input settings are designed for version 4.6 or
5.0, but you are using an older (pre-4.6) version.

> ERROR 1 [file nvt.mdp]:
>    With coulombtype = PME, rcoulomb must be equal to rlist
>    If you want optimal energy conservation or exact integration use
> PME-Switch

Self-explanatory.  Your input file is not sensible, and grompp is telling you
what the problem is.

> Generated 279 of the 1225 non-bonded parameter combinations
> Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'Protein'
> turning all bonds into constraints...
> Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'UNK'
> turning all bonds into constraints...
> Excluding 2 bonded neighbours molecule type 'SOL'
> turning all bonds into constraints...
> Excluding 1 bonded neighbours molecule type 'CL'
> turning all bonds into constraints...
>
> NOTE 1 [file topol.top, line 22744]:
>    System has non-zero total charge: -9.999998
>    Total charge should normally be an integer. See
>    http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Floating_Point_Arithmetic
>    for discussion on how close it should be to an integer.

Typically systems are neutralized with counterions in this case.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore