[gmx-users] Regarding simulation analysis and free energy calculation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Aug 10 16:13:54 CEST 2014

On 8/10/14, 3:56 AM, rama david wrote:
> Dear users,
>                     I did the docking of peptide and receptor in Vina
> autodock.
> further I decided to do the simulation in gromacs. 4.5.5 version for 10ns.
> after this I made the energygroups in mdp file for ligand and and receptor.
> I also make the appropriate changes in index file. I rerun the above
> simulation again.
>
> Now I want to do the following analysis . I will be thankful if you suggest
> how to do analysis  and suggestion .
>
> 1.  I want to calculate the hydrogen bond --- I used g_hbond.
>
> 2. Now I want to find the interaction energy of ligand and receptor .
>     How to do that ???

It's already in the .edr file if you used appropriate energygrps.  Now, whether
or not that quantity has any physical meaning is another issue.

> 3. Is it possible to calculate free enegy of interaction between ligand and
> receptor ?
>      how to do this ?

Free energy of binding between ligands and receptors is straightforward.
Consult the ample amount of literature on this topic.

> 4. I want to make the graph with respect to free energy surface  and
> ligand
>       conformation.? How to do this ?

It's not something Gromacs can do.  Internal energy is easy, but entropy is not.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore