[gmx-users] RMSD graph over time and g_cluster RMSD distribution seem at odds with each other

ms devicerandom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:44:54 CEST 2014

Hi Tsjerk,

On 8/13/14 3:19 PM, Tsjerk Wassenaar wrote:
> You have two clusters, both with low within-cluster RMSD. This shows up as
> the first peak in the RMSD distribution. The second peak is the
> between-clusters RMSD.
I am sorry, but I don't understand anything here - what does
"within-cluster RMSD" means? what is the "between-clusters RMSD"?

I would expect the RMSD distribution to mirror the RMSD vs time plot ;
that is, if I take the points from the rmsd-time.xvg and I make an
histogram, I would expect to recover the RMSD distribution. Am I wrong?

thanks a lot for your help,
m.