[gmx-users] Solvent error?

Nikolaos Michelarakis nm884 at york.ac.uk
Thu Aug 14 16:55:08 CEST 2014

Hello again,

I am trying to include a ligand in my structure, which consists of 42
atoms, using an .itp file, in the AMBER forcefield. The itp was generated
by antechamber and is the ligand_backup.itp. Everything works fine until I
try to solvate it. It seems that the gro file produced by the solvation
includes 42 less atoms, therefore i get the following error when i try to
run the energy minimization.

Program gmx, VERSION 5.0
Source code file:
/home/jslatter/programs/gromacs/gromacs-5.0/src/gromacs/gmxpreprocess/grompp.c,
line: 603

Fatal error:
number of coordinates in coordinate file (solv.gro, 57310)
             does not match topology (fws.top, 57352)

Are the 42 atoms of the ligand not included in the solv.gro file?

As usual, all the files that i have used are in the link:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxa-J2wEpEeqOWFsOUUyNDVPYWc&usp=sharing

Cheers,

Nicholas