[gmx-users] g_sas

rajat desikan rajatdesikan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 20:53:20 CEST 2014

Hi Eric,
By vacuum accessible surface area, I assume that you mean the area defined
the surface of the interstitial volume. In my understanding, using g_sas
will give you the solvent accessible area (non buried area) averaged over
all the molecules and the trajectory. This is different from the
interstitial surface area. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Justin is correct when he says that the program displays time frames as it
analyses the trajectory. From your description, I feel that g_sas is stuck
on the first frame itself since it is calculating over all the liquid
molecules. And there is no way to figure out how much of that frame has
been analysed. What is your system made of?

I am not sure what you mean when you say trajectory like information. g_sas
prints out information for every time step.

Regards,