[gmx-users] do_dssp result over written on the one line

Batdorj Batsaikhan batsaikhanbat at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 06:43:54 CEST 2014

Thank you Justin,

It is working but how can I adjust x-axis. My figure y-axis is ok, and x-axis has not time.

Best regards,
Batsaikhan

On Saturday, August 16, 2014 10:00 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

On 8/16/14, 7:30 AM, Batdorj Batsaikhan wrote:
> Dear gmx users,
>
> I done secondary structure analysis using do_dssp. then I converted xpm file to eps. following commands:
>
> $ gmx do_dssp -s md3.tpr -f md.xtc -o ss.xpm -tu ns -sss -xvg
> $ xpm2ps -f ss.xpm -o ss.eps
>
> but result of ss.eps is written on the one line. How to fix it?

You need to increase the size of the y-axis relative to x by using an .m2p file
with a suitable ybox/xbox ratio.  The default output is generally very distorted
because there are orders of magnitudes more frames (x-axis) than there are
protein residues (y-axis) in most simulations.

http://manual.gromacs.org/online/m2p.html

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601