[gmx-users] error about g_bar

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Aug 18 03:30:30 CEST 2014

On 8/17/14, 10:36 AM, Swapnil Kate wrote:
> hello Justin
>
>   Thank you for your advice, that was really fruitful.
>
> can you kindly tell me how to visualize the molecule which is appearing or disappearing (lamda 0 to 1, lamda 1 to 0 respectively)?

Visualize it like you would anything else.  As far as the trajectory is
concerned, there's nothing special about the (dis)appearing molecule.  The
trajectories represent non-physical intermediates, though, so there's not much
value in visualizing them.

> moving forward i am interested in calculating free energy of reacting mixtures so could you please tell me how to make a files and how to move forward?

You can't simulate chemical reactions with classical MD.  If there is something
more specific you need information about, please ask a focused question with
specific details.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601