[gmx-users] problems in numbers of scale down by 0.95 in KALP in DPPC tutorial

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Aug 18 18:45:19 CEST 2014

On 8/18/14, 10:06 AM, Mahboobe Sadr wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am new in gromacs and specially in MD simulation of membrane protein,   in   part "define box and solvent" of justin's tutorial , in scaling down the lipids,  I reached an area per lipid of ~69 A^2, after 4 times instead of 26 times....
> I don't know ,where I made a mistake?

Without seeing your exact commands and the corresponding output, there's nothing
to say.  If you scale each time by 0.95, it is mathematically impossible to
arrive at a proper APL in this system with only 4 iterations.  At least one of
your commands or preparation steps was wrong; the outcome is extremely reproducible.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore