[gmx-users] CHARMM36 sucrose?

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Wed Aug 20 03:03:55 CEST 2014

So the topology file that is written for the sucrose molecule is: [ moleculetype ]
; Name            nrexcl
Other               3

[ atoms ]
;   nr       type  resnr residue  atom   cgnr     charge       mass  typeB    chargeB      massB
; residue   0 AGLC rtp AGLC q  0.0
     1     CC3162      01  AGLC     C1      1       0.34     12.011   ; qtot 0.34
     2       HCA1      01  AGLC     H1      2       0.09      1.008   ; qtot 0.43
    .
    .  (this is filled out correctly)
    .
  residue   0 BFRU rtp BFRU q  0.0
    25     OC3C51      02  BFRU     O5     25       -0.4    15.9994   ; qtot -0.4
    .
    . (again, correct here)
    .
    48       HCP1      02  BFRU    HO4     48       0.42      1.008   ; qtot 0

[ bonds ]
;  ai    aj funct            c0            c1            c2            c3
    1     2     1
    1     3     1
    1     7     1
    1     8     1
    3     4     1
    5     6     1
    5     7     1
    5    16     1
    5    20     1
    8     9     1
    8    10     1
    8    12     1
   10    11     1
   12    13     1
   12    14     1
   12    16     1
   14    15     1
   16    17     1
   16    18     1
   18    19     1
   20    21     1
   20    22     1
   20    23     1
   23    24     1  (!bond joining AGLC and BFRU, seems to be missing...)
   25    26     1
   25    29     1
   26    27     1
   26    36     1
   26    41     1
   27    28     1
   27    28     1
   29    30     1
   29    31     1
   29    45     1
   31    32     1
   ... more bonds (these look correct)

Pairs also seem fine. It looks like it is something to do with the bonding of the two residues. Is their a way to get gromacs to recognize the chain (the shared linkage/ether bond)

-Micholas