[gmx-users] Increase the box size or decrease rlist

pragna lakshmi pragnapcu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 16:33:55 CEST 2014

I could solve the fatal error by giving box vectors 4.84331 4.84331 6.69130
while generating .gro file from .pdb using editconf.
Then, the following warning:
WARNING 1 [file minim.mdp]:
  You are using full electrostatics treatment PME for a system without
  charges.
  This costs a lot of performance for just processing zeros, consider using
  Cut-off instead.

So, should i give -maxwarn 1 or change the electrostatics from 'PME' to
'Cut-off'. Can anyone please suggest?

Thanking You,

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 8:55 AM, pragna lakshmi <pragnapcu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank u Justin for your reply.
> I have realized that stockholm lipids are derived from Amber ff. But i am
> unable to get parameters for POPC derived from charmm ff. Is there any
> source for that?
> The box vectors that are listed in POPC.gro are    0.00000   0.00000
> 0.00000
>

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 11:50 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>

>> On 8/19/14, 2:14 PM, pragna lakshmi wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>> I am trying to do MD simulation of POPC membrane simulation with
>>> peripheral
>>> attachment of protein ligand complex. Steps that i have performed so far
>>> are:
>>>
>>> 1. orienting the protein with editcong -princ command
>>> 2. rotating it along the y-axis with editconf -rotate 0 40 0 command
>>> 3. separation of protein ligand files into individual files and

--
Pragna Lakshmi.T,
Ph.D. Scholar,