[gmx-users] Forcefield parameters for Zinc and phosphorylated residues

Piggot T. T.Piggot at soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 17:47:04 CEST 2014

Hi Mike,

As well as the link that Bipin sent, you can also get parameters for GROMOS phosphorylated residues (compatible with the 43A1 force field, I think) from:

http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/User_contributions/Force_fields

I've never used either so have no idea which might be better. The ones that Binpin suggested look like they work with the newer GROMOS 54A7 force field, so they might be the ones to use.

On your other question, I am not sure about the protein-zinc parameters with a GROMOS force field. I would say, is there any particular need for using one of the GROMOS protein force fields? There are definitely parameters out there for some of the all-atom protein force fields (e.g. AMBER ones) which are probably also better in terms of protein parameters.

Cheers

Tom