[gmx-users] Increase the box size or decrease rlist

pragna lakshmi pragnapcu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 18:56:38 CEST 2014

Thank you Mark for ur reply.
In the generated POPC.top from POPC.pdb and POPC.psf using VMD, the charges
have become to zero. Here are few lines of my POPC.top

[ atomtypes ]
; name bond_type mass charge ptype sigma epsilon
C1 C 1.0 0.0 A 0.0 0.0
C11 C 1.0 0.0 A 0.0 0.0
C12 C 1.0 0.0 A 0.0 0.0
C13 C 1.0 0.0 A 0.0 0.0

[ atoms ]
; nr  type  resnr residue atom cgnr charge  mass
     1           N      1     POPC      N      1     0.0000    14.0070
     2         C11      1     POPC    C11      2     0.0000    12.0110
     3         C12      1     POPC    C12      2     0.0000    12.0110
     4         C13      1     POPC    C13      3     0.0000    12.0110

My question is whether this could be the reason for not having the charges
over the atoms.
If it is so, could you please suggest me the proper way of getting
parameters for POPC (charmm36 ff).

Thanking You,