[gmx-users] GROMACS version 5.0 incompatible with my hardware - help req

Agnivo Gosai agnivo2007 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 21:11:58 CEST 2014

Dear Users

I initially installed GROMACS 5.0 in my office computer and tried running a
few sample tutorials over there.

It was showing a "illegal instruction : core dumped "error. On searching
the archived files in the user group I found that the version of GROMACS
installed in my computer is not compatible with the hardware.

So I have uninstalled all the GROMACS files one by one using the command :
sudo rm -rf /usr/bin/"gromacs command"

My computer hardware configuration is : - (A) Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40
GHz x 2
(B) 2.0 GB RAM DDR2
My OS is ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-Bit

Could anyone please tell me what version of GROMACS I should try installing
??

Thanks & Regards

Agnivo Gosai
Graduate Student