[gmx-users] Time varying electric field - phase term

steven shawn shawnsteven1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 16:42:31 CEST 2014

Dear gromacs users, I am trying to use an electric field which is varying
with time. I read the previous posts and successfully generated time
varying electric field with E-xt, E-yt and E-zt.

but I need an electric field which has an initial phase term (ie. of the
form E= E0cos(2*pi*f*t+some angle term)) where i want to specify the angle
term. Most of the posts i read mentioned this angle term must be specified
in the third term after E-xt.
I tried it but failed to generate an initial phase. Can anyone help me with
this?

thanks in advance.