[gmx-users] Numerical Stability of Gromacs Implementation

Christoph Junghans junghans at votca.org
Mon Aug 25 20:36:50 CEST 2014

> Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 17:05:31 +0200
> From: Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Numerical Stability of Gromacs Implementation
>
> On Aug 22, 2014 4:49 PM, "Johnny Lu" <johnny.lu128 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> it has many (relatively) power7 cores and aix 6.1.0.0 with no gpu, and I
>> compiled single precision gromacs 4.6.6 with open mp on it.
>> I tried xlc or mpcc for 30+ times.
>
> 6.1 was released 7 years ago, but if you have a functional xlc, then you
> should be able to build GROMACS. It won't run fast, though.
>
>>The gcc on it doesn't support openmp,
>> and I compiled another one with openmp, and also gnu cmake.
>> Linker is aix ld, with -lmass, and -lm flags. I am not sure if the mass
>> library helped in compilation of fftw3 library.
>
> It doesn't.
>
>> Somehow, gcc can't find affinity support on aix ld, so I specified that in
>> the job script of llqueue.
A recent version of gcc (~4.7) for aix is available through Gentoo Prefix:
<https://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/>
Once you have bootstrapped Gentoo Prefix on your AIX machine, you will
most likely be able to use the Gromacs package (4.6.6 or 5.0) therein!

Cheers,

Christoph

Christoph Junghans
Web: http://www.compphys.de