[gmx-users] calculate the ∆SASA for free energy calculation

Mahboobeh Eslami mahboobeh.eslami at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 21:59:51 CEST 2014

dear justin
I did the following steps. Is it true or not?

protein and ligand are merged by make_ndx in protein-ligand complex simulation. I've used the following command:

"g_sas -f run.xtc -s run.tpr -o area_protein_ligand.xvg -n protein_ligand.ndx"
Select a group for calculation of surface and a group for output
select a group:  protein_ligand
select a group: protein_ligand
I have SASA in bound state.

SASA in ligand -water simulation is calculated by Previous command but
select a group: ligand
select a group: ligand
I have SASA in free state.

∆SASA is the difference between these two stages.
Please tell me your opinion about these steps
Thank you for your guidance.